Coaches may teach any skating discipline (dependent upon their own experience) on any TCFSC session. Senior Coaches determine their own rates – please check with them individually.
Ellie Kolb - Executive Director
“My favorite part about being the Executive Director of the Traverse City Figure Skating Club is getting to know the families and their needs; working with a great staff of coaches to achieve a common vision; and watching the skaters grow and progress. It is important to me to help provide opportunities and fun events for all to enjoy no matter their age, skill level, or goal. I am committed to providing a positive experience for each skater and family involved in the club, alongside our talented coaching staff!
When I was 7 years old and saw Disney on Ice, I was determined to skate in their show one day. It was an incredible feeling to achieve that many years later and perform all over the world with Disney. As a coach, I enjoy watching skaters set and achieve their own goals no matter the size! My coaching philosophy has always been to coach a great person not just a good skater as skating can instill many fantastic life lessons along the way. It brings me so much joy to be on a unique journey with each skater!”
COACHES FREESTYLE, MOVES IN THE FIELD, ICE DANCE, POWER AND EDGES, BASIC SKILLS, AND CHOREOGRAPHY.
Passed Gold Freestyle, Gold Moves, Gold Dance, Canadian Gold Dance, Intermediate Free Dance, and Preliminary Figure.
- 7 Time Regional Freestyle Competitor, Upper Great Lakes and North Atlantic Region
- US Junior National Championship Competitor, Ice Dance
Professional Skating Experience:
- 5 years as a professional skater with Disney on Ice
- Toured North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East
- Media Mentor for PR events with Disney on Ice
- Freestyle and Adagio Pairs Skater
- 13 years of coaching experience
- Coached in Jamestown, NY; Buffalo, NY; and New Ulm, MN
- Coached and choreographed for Regional, Sectional, and National competitors
- Worked with skaters to audition for Disney on Ice
Leadership Experience / Education:
- Sports Management Degree from Minnesota State University
- Executive Director, Traverse City Figure Skating Club, 2021-present
- Previous Skating Director, Learn to Skate Director and Show Director in Minnesota
“I have been coaching for over 20 years in a variety of sports, but my passion has always been skating. I spent my childhood in love with this sport and enjoy sharing this with others. To me, the most important lesson is having fun and finding what part of skating gives you the greatest joy.”
COACHES FREESTYLE, MOVES IN THE FIELD, BASIC SKILLS, HOCKEY POWER SKATING SKILLS
Passed Gold Freestyle, Gold Moves in the Field, Pre-Silver Dance
3 Time Senior Ladies Midwestern Sectionals Alternate
2 Time Senior Ladies Collegiate Nationals Competitor and Finalist
Guest Skater for ice shows
Guest Coach and Demonstrator for clinics throughout the Midwest
22 years coaching figure skating and hockey
Coached in Indianapolis, IN; Traverse City, MI; New York, NY; and Winnetka, IL
Coached Regional, Sectional, and National competitors
BA fromTC City College of NY, New York, NY
ACE Certified Health Coach
RRCA Certified Running and Distance Running Coach
“I was five when I started skating and I was immediately hooked! I took my freshman year of college off and I quickly realized how much I missed it! During that short break, I learned I always wanted skating to be a part of my life.
I love coaching because I get to share my passion for the sport with others and build great relationships with my students. There are many different outlets in skating – freestyle, dance, synchro, and showcase – and it is fun to explore all avenues with my skaters.
I think the most important thing that I have gained from figure skating is confidence and my strong work ethic. If you have a goal, you must have the confidence in yourself to believe you can achieve it, and then you need to put the work in to make it happen. My priority as a coach is to support the skaters and help them reach their goals.”
Coaches freestyle, moves in the field, ice dancing, BASIC SKILLS, and Synchronized skating.
Passed Gold Ice Dancing, Junior Moves in the Field and Juvenile Freestyle
- 13 years of competitive synchronized skating
- 10 years of dance, including ballet (pointe), tap, jazz, hip-hop, and ballroom
- Began coaching in 2004 at the Traverse City Figure Skating Club
- Head Coach of the Northern Lights Synchronized Skating Teams
- Coach at Mount Pleasant Figure Skating Club, 2007-2012
- Coach for teams Intro-Preliminary, Allegro! Synchronized Skating, 2012-2014
Leadership Experience / Education:
- President of the Central Michigan University Synchronized Skating Team, 2009-2011
- Director of Snowplow Sam, Mount Pleasant Figure Skating Club, 2007-2012
“It was love at first glide! I took my first learn to skate class when I was five and was immediately hooked. Figure skating has taught me perseverance, determination, and grit. Sharing my joy and passion for the sport with others is an incredibly rewarding experience. I love helping my students achieve their goals and watching them grow and progress in their skills. The teamwork and camaraderie among all of our coaches, skaters, parents, and board of directors is what makes Traverse City Figure Skating Club such a special organization – one I am proud to be a part of.
My other passion is the environment! I have a bachelor’s degree in freshwater science and sustainability from Western Michigan University and serve on the board of directors for Grass River Natural Area. In my spare time, you can often find me on the trail hiking, biking, or collecting macroinvertebrates for stream quality monitoring.”
Coaches freestyle, moves in the field, choreography, off ice training, and basic skills.
Passed Senior Freeskate and Senior Moves in the Field.
- 7 Time Regional Competitor, Upper Great Lakes Region; Pre-Juvenile-Senior ladies (1999-2006); Final round qualifier, Juvenile ladies (2000) and Senior ladies (2006)
- Represented the DuPage Figure Skating Club
- Trained at Seven Bridges Ice Arena in Woodridge, IL; Oakton Ice Arena in Park Ridge, IL; World Arena in Colorado Springs, Colorado; and the US Olympic Center in Lake Placid, NY
- Coached since 2004 (ISI and USFS)
- ISI Gold Certified Judge, 2010-2013
My name is Ann Manning. I have loved figure skating for a very long time. I was a skater in my childhood and I’ve been a coach for many lifetimes.I grew up at the Cleveland Skating Club. All of the sessions were available to any club members, so I just skated them all. i skated before school, after school, weekends and vacations. It was great! I was pretty independent and self motivated, so I set goals and was able to achieve many of them. Skating shaped much of my life. I loved gliding and flying and spinning. I learned to love working toward tests and competition. I also love kids and nurturing. The melding of these two loves is coaching figure skating. There is so much to learn and share. Spending time with the skaters while they work on their skills is rewarding and fun. I love getting to know the skaters and their parents over what can be many years. Coaches l Freestyle, Moves in the Field, Power/Edges, Basic Skills Passed Gold Freestyle and Figures, Silver Dance Competition history Eastern Great Lakes competitor Coaching Experience Coached at numerous clubs in the Cleveland area Coached at TCSFC for 25 plus years, working with skaters of all levels Coach of Regional competitors Leadership, Education, Experience Former director of TCFSC Former director of Basic Skills, TCSFC
“I have been figure skating since I was sixteen. My passion for the sport has continued to grow over the years. Seeing that same enthusiasm in our skaters is what fuels me to keep coaching. The best part of being a coach is watching the kids grow and succeed in their skating journey. They learn the importance of teamwork and self-confidence; skills that are instrumental in life. I also enjoy getting to know the skaters and their families and believe these relationships are what truly makes our club so great.
Outside of the rink, I am a costume designer! I have designed costumes for World and Olympic skaters and continue to do so. I make costumes for any level skater. I am a proud mom and grandma too!”
Coaches dance, moves in the field, synchronized skating, basic skills, stroking, and edges.
- Competitive ice dancer for 10 years
- Synchronized skater for 17 years
- 25 years of experience as a figure skating coach
- Started coaching at Traverse City Figure Skating Club in 1999
- Synchronized skating coach for 13 years
- Former USFS Judge
**Great resource for used figure skates in nice condition**
“I can’t remember ever not having a passion for skating! I recall begging my mom to sign me up for “one more day” until I was at the rink six days a week by the age of 8.
Skating has taught me about self-discipline, teamwork, and how to succeed and fail with dignity. It has also taught me that there is no substitute for hard work. I love helping my skaters achieve their goals!
From learning basic skills to competing to skating with Disney on Ice, I have enjoyed every experience. It is exciting watching my skaters embark on such a memorable journey. I hope they enjoy the ride as much as I have!”
Coaches FREESTYLE, MOVES IN THE FIELD, ADULTS, HOCKEY, AND BASIC SKILLS.
Passed Junior Freestyle, Junior Pairs, and Pre-Gold Dances.
- Competed in ten regional competitions
- Qualified for three Midwestern Sectionals
- Junior Pair Midwestern Bronze Medalist
- Senior Synchronized Skating Silver Medalist at US Nationals
Professional Skating Experience:
- Featured guest skater in Ann Arbor, St. Clair Shores, Wyandotte, and Houghton, MI ice shows
- Skated professionally in the North American, European, and Middle Eastern Tours of Disney on Ice
- Previously coached at Detroit Skating Club, University of Michigan Skating Club, and Ann Arbor Figure Skating Club
firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-633-3726
I began skating at the age of 4 and it has been a part of my life ever since. My time spent on the ice taught me accountability, respect, work ethic, and so much more; all of which have shaped who I am today. Some of my closest friends I have gained through skating.
As a coach, my goal is to always provide a fun, trusting environment for skaters to accomplish their goals, grow in confidence, and develop as a person both on and off the ice. Seeing the looks of accomplishment on their faces after working hard on a skill is so rewarding!
Passed Gold Freestyle, Gold Moves in the Field, Bronze Dance
Coaches Freestyle, Basic Skills, Moves in the Field, and Power & Edges for hockey and figure skating
-US National Championship Competitor, freestyle
-US Midwestern Sectional Competitor
-9 Time Eastern Great Lakes Regional Competitor
-Captain of TCFSC High School Team
-National Showcase Competitor
-Began coaching in 2015 at TCFSC
-coached hockey skaters to improve power and edges